We found out where rotwang's GenCon badge went! It arrived at our home (i.e. in the UK) this morning. We think they either sent it surface mail, or via Canada, or possibly both. Idiots.
- A rose to: the Adam's Mark Downtown, for having lovely rooms and in-room broadband internet access.
- A brickbat to: the restaurant staff at the Adam's Mark. Probably the worst service we've ever had at a US eating establishment - it wasn't so much that they were slow or anything (though that was very nearly a problem on the last day at breakfast), they just didn't seem to listen to anything we said. Sheesh, I wouldn't mind if we weren't allegedly speaking the same language!
- A rose to: the Ruth's Chris Steak House near the convention centre. Fabulous food and also very quick about it (going in at about 5.45 probably helped)
- A brickbat to: American Airlines, for cancelling part of our homeward trip (of which more below)
- A rose to: the guy who owns the Dwarven Forge company, for giving in to my blatant sponging and giving rotwang a free T-shirt ;)
( GenCon itselfCollapse )
( But then...Collapse )