The external work is getting closer to being complete. Most of the rendering of the outside is now done, awaiting only the stones for the new pebble-dashing to be worked on (should be arriving Monday).
Upstairs, we now have three rooms where previously there were none; the new library, the server room and the en-suite bathroom. These are mostly at the point of having walls and ceilings, as of today; the next major thing is that we move stuff out of our bedroom into the new library, and go and sleep in the spare room while the bedroom itself is gutted and remodelled (this will also involve knocking through a wall into the previously-mentioned en-suite). There's also the little matter of knocking through the old landing wall so that we can have stairs into the new upstairs -- as opposed to going up a ladder or climbing through the landing window.
We really are at the point where we're going to need to go and choose bathroom stuff, colours, flooring, and the like (and let's not talk about the kitchen units, which I'm still trying to sort out). Still, I spent some of yesterday making important decisions like how many power sockets one needs (answer: a hell of a lot more than in any of the existing rooms, thankyouverymuch)
The continuing photo saga is, as ever, here.
[mantra] It'll be lovely when it's done. [/mantra]