- not too small;
- easy to use once music has been loaded onto it;
- _relatively_ straightforward to load music onto -- but this will probably be done either by me or by sweet_lil_sis so is a bit less critical
- able to handle playlists and/or randomisation, not just restricted to playing stuff out of folders
- capable of playing MP3s -- other formats not required
- sensibly priced (under 100 quid)
It specifically does NOT need to be able to play videos or any other visual content, nor does it need also to be a radio or anything else (he has a DAB radio already). Battery life is also not crucial -- in fact it doesn't really even need to have a battery at all since it's likely to spend the vast majority of its life plugged in.
Anyone got any recommendations? I love my iPod nano but that's way too small for this; it'd get lost and/or he'd get frustrated with the interface.