Most of the stuff from the garage came from the loft of our old place, and some of it dates back from prior to moving in together, but the older boxes were mostly a bit crappy and falling apart, or not properly sealed and therefore full of dust. Given that we have plenty of empty boxes from our move, and that most of them were good, solid new boxes at that point, much of the junk has been reboxed and is even now being dragged up the loft ladder by rotwang.
- lots of old photos, including one from a primary school concert, one from a ballet school show (yes, I did ballet for ten years, despite not being the shape or height for it; too tall, too heavy), and a really scary one of me aged about 11 or so doing a fine impression of Nana Mouskouri
- my Live Aid tickets and leaflet handed out on the day
- the letter from the company that took our wedding photos offering us £50 on our tenth wedding anniversary (that was last year; must see if I can claim on that)
- a stack of programmes from various concerts with the orchestra I used to play in
- loads of old school books
- an inflatable crocodile
- a heart-shaped necklace engraved with my name, which I think I got when I was about 7 or so
- the menu from a restaurant in Greece, which I stole because I was so desperate to prove that it really had listed "Calve's Donge" as one of the items on it
- the witnessed statement from my mother that she was going to give up smoking when cigarettes hit £1.80 a pack of 20 (they're now somewhere around £4.50 or so)
- a crystal ball on a stand which is the perfect scale to use with the Dwarven Forge gear
... among other things.
And yes, some stuff did get thrown away, and some got put in a box to do a car boot sale with sometime, and some got put in a pile to do the Ebay thing with, and so on.